Office Timeline is an add-in for Microsoft PowerPoint. In order to successfully install Office Timeline, each machine must meet Microsoft's requirements for add-ins.
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (LTSB, CBB and CB). Office Timeline does not run on Windows 10 S. The add-in is functional on Windows XP and Windows Server but unsupported. See here for more information.
- 32-bit versions of Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016. Although Office Timeline works with 64-bit versions of Office, we do not formally test or support it on 64-bit. The vast majority of the Office install base is the 32-bit version of Office. 32-bit is recommended by Microsoft unless you have very specific needs for 64-bit.
- .NET Framework 4.5.2 or greater.
- Office Timeline installs the VSTO component if it's not already installed on your computer [Download and Install VSTO] v10.0.60724 is recommended.
- .NET Programmability Support for PowerPoint enabled in Microsoft Office. .NET Programmability Support is typically enabled by default on Office installations
- Microsoft Project is only required if you would like to import data from Microsoft Project. The version of Microsoft Project must match the version of PowerPoint in order for this to work (e.g. PowerPoint 2013 and Project 2013)
The user should install with Administrator rights in order to have the most stable installation.
Microsoft Project Import Requirements
In order to import and synchronize timeline data from your Microsoft Project files, Microsoft Project must be installed on the same computer as Office Timeline. The version of Microsoft Project also needs to match the version of Microsoft Office in most cases. See the requirements matrix below.
You can download the latest build of Office Timeline in two different forms: